Welcome to your Capella University online course, TS5311 – Enterprise Security. In this course you will examine how to secure the mixed environment that will confront you in today’s enterprise. You will learn how to:
- Assess where the enterprise stands in its security posture.
- Choose the best methodology to access the enterprise.
- Mitigate software vulnerabilities that exist, and be ready for ones that have yet to be discovered.
You will also discover defensive techniques to ensure enterprise network security.
This course gives you a glimpse into the world of cyberterrorism, and the impact it has on securing the enterprise. You will delve into the shadowy world of so-called social engineers and learn how they stalk the enterprise using the weakest link in the enterprises security —the human factor. You also will learn how to train your enterprise employees to not fall for a social engineer scam.
You will also:
- Consider how security policies allow the enterprise to grow and acquire other companies with diverse information technology and still maintain a secure organization.
- Get some hands-on training with security compliance issues, and learn how to insure that your enterprise is in compliance with legislative mandates.
- Learn how your enterprise competition might be able to learn key information to use against you from your operations.
- Consider the physical location of your enterprise and how to consider logistical and physical threats that might impact your organization.
Finally, you will apply the concepts learned to an enterprise of your choice for your course project.
To successfully complete this course, you will be expected to:
- Implement information assurance policies and procedures.
- Analyze cyberterrorism and the tools and techniques used for malicious intent.
- Analyze enterprise system weaknesses.
- Create a security plan for an organization.
- Consider the security requirements of enterprise networks.